Certain types of water applications are required under the Water Management Act 2000 (WMA) to be advertised to provide members of the community with an opportunity to lodge an objection to the granting of the application before a decision is made.

What must to be included in an objection?

To register an objection, it must:

  • be in writing or electronic form
  • be signed by the objector
  • contain the objector's name an address
  • specify the grounds of the objection.

Objections need to be received by WaterNSW within 28-days from the date the notice was published in order to be considered.

Read the Prepare to lodge an objection fact sheet for more information.

How to lodge an objection?

Use the WaterNSW objection form or submit a separate document as long as it includes the requirements listed above.

皇冠代理Send completed objections to:

What type of applications are advertised?

  • Water supply works approvals – other than basic landholder rights approvals
  • Water use approvals – such as approval to irrigate for commercial purposes on an existing landholding
  • Amendments to approvals - additional uses, works, activities and landholdings
  • Water access license (WAL) approval – in limited circumstances

Where are applications advertised?

WaterNSW advertises applications for approvals in local newspapers* and on the .

More information about specific applications can be found on the NSW Water Register or by calling the phone number on the advertisement.

*WaterNSW complies with the Water Management Act 2000 皇冠代理(WMA) in relation to advertising a notice for an application. If no local newspaper (in either print or digital form) is available, a statewide publication will be used instead. From 24 April 2020, WaterNSW will advertise notices for applications in .

The advertising process is under review and further changes may be made in the future. These will be notified on this webpage.


Tuesday 09 June
2,115,545 ML
2,596,150 ML
9,347 ML
1,336 ML
-7,611 ML
Tuesday 09 June